PLATELET RICH PLASMA REJUVENATION
Platelet rich plasma rejuvenation is a great way to rejuvenate skin from the inside out through the use of your body’s own growth factors.
Blood comprises of red blood cells and plasma, the plasma contains platelets, which repair tissue damage through the release of growth factors. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) has been used in many fields of medicine to repair tissues including joints, tendons, wounds and even as eye drops for corneal diseases.
PRP injected under the skin stimulates skin cells into rejuvenating themselves and laying down the essential building blocks like collagen and elastin. This results in thicker, stronger, smoother, brighter skin. The same growth factors can also boost hair growth.
Uses of PRP: –
- Hair loss
- Facial skin rejuvenation (fine lines, pigmentation, blotches, skin laxity)
- Neck, décolleté
- Saggy knees and elbows
- Stretch marks
- Genitalia (for tissue tightening and enhanced sensitivity)
Treatments effects take between 4 – 6 weeks and can last for more than 18 months.
PRP is injected into the skin is a powerful and long lasting anti-ageing treatment. It can actually be used anywhere on the body and particularly benefits those with sun damaged skin and acne scars.
PRP can be combined with micro-needling collagen induction therapies like derma roller / derma pen as well as dermal fillers or skin-boosters for an enhanced effect – combined treatment is recommended for areas of skin with severe signs of ageing.
Cellenis PRP is is an innovative autologous PRP system which ensures concentrated platelets in a small amount of plasma. This self-derived product harnesses the immense capabilities related to tissue regeneration. Clinical data show that PRP promotes tissue healing by releasing large amount of growth factors from platelets in the treated area.
2. Skin is prepared with antiseptic
3. Anaesthetic cream is applied
4. Blood is extracted from the arm
5. Blood is spun in a centrifuge for 10 minutes to separate plasma from red cells
6. Plasma is separated into platelet rich and platelet poor
7. Multiple tiny superficial injections are administered starting with most problematic area
8. Skin is cleansed and witch-hazel is applied
- Bruising and redness may occur
- Avoid touching the skin or any application of products for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Pain, bruising, bleeding (common)
- Inflammation (rare)
- Infection (rare)
- Pigmentation increase or decrease (rare)
|Face PRP||45 mins||£400||9 months +||2 – 3 days|
|Face PRP + hyaluronic acid||45 mins||£450||9 months +||2 – 3 days|
|Hair PRP + dermaroller
Course of 8 recommended to stimulate maximum hair follicle potential