CHEMICAL SKIN PEEL
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance by removing the outermost layers of varying thickness and thereby encourage regeneration of the underling layers of skin.
Chemical peels smooth the texture of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin as well as improving acne scars, liver spots, sun-damaged skin, freckles, irregular skin pigmentation, dry /rough patches of skin.
Treatment requires 3 sessions with 4 weeks between each. Effects last from 6 – 8 months.
Clinic-based chemical peels are a great way of restoring the skin’s healthy glow. Peels always work synergistically with a home care protocol to deliver an integrated skincare regimen and enhanced results. We use SkinCeuticals range for chemical peels unless Obagi is requested.
Total time approximately 20 minutes
1. Consent and photographs
2. Skin is prepared with antiseptic
3. Application of chemical peels
4. Application of cool air
5. Application of neutralising agent and sun block
- Redness and peeling of skin may occur
- Avoid touching the skin or any application of products for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Peeling of skin (common)
- Inflammation (rare)
- Infection (rare)
- Pigmentation increase or decrease (rare)
- Sun damage (if direct exposure and no protection)
Single treatment session from £150 (recommended 3 treatments with 4 weeks apart)