Jaw reduction is a botulinum toxin technique to relax the large jaw muscle (Masseter) and give a more oval, softer feminine face shape.
An over acting Masseter muscle can lead to a square looking jaw line. Some people naturally have larger jaw muscles and in others teeth grinding and excessive chewing of gum leads to the muscles becoming enlarged which can make the jaw appear wider.
Results are noticeable after around 3 weeks and last up to 8 months.
Relaxing parts of the jaw muscle with 2 -3 injections of botulinum toxin on each size can significantly improve the square jaw appearance.
1. Consent and photographs
2. Skin is prepared with antiseptic
3. Jaw is marked
4. Injection of between 50 – 80 units of botulinum toxin into each Masseter muscle
- Bruising and redness may occur
- Avoid touching the skin or any application of products for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Pain, bruising, bleeding (common)
- Inflammation (rare)
- Infection (rare)
Single treatment session from £300