During ageing, portions of the lips recede, the border of the upper lip is lost and the vermilion becomes inverted, resulting in the appearance of thin and ‘saddened’ lips. The vertical wrinkles commonly referred to as “smoker lines” and give a very obvious impression of ageing.
Lip fillers can create fuller more attractive lips as well as reversing the ageing signs commonly seen in the lips and upper mouth including: –
- Volume loss – lips, peri-oral soft tissues, maxilla
- Less defined borders
- Loss of the philtrum ridges
- Vertical smokers lines
Results are visible immediately, however it can take 1 week for any swelling to resolve and final results to be visible.
Treatment effects last from 6 – 8 months.
Lip fillers are quick procedure to get natural looking youthful, plump lips. The procedure is only effective for women with asymmetric, thin or thinning lips.
- Consent and photographs
- Skin is prepared with antiseptic
- Anaesthetic block is given to nub the lips
- Injections of special filler designed for lip enhancement
- Moulding of filler to achieve desired volumisation and lifting
- Bruising and redness may occur
- Avoid touching the lips or any application of lipstick for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Pain, bruising, bleeding (common)
- Inflammation (rare)
- Infection (rare)
- Pigmentation increase or decrease (rare)
- Local or systemic migration of filler
Lip enhancement from £300