NECK LIFT (Nefertiti Neck Lift)
The non-surgical neck lift (sometimes known as the ‘Nefertiti neck lift’) is a method of improving the definition of the jawline and lifting the neck and jaw area.
By relaxing the muscles which pull the mid-face and neck down the overall effect is an upward pull from the opposite muscles giving a lifted neck and more defined jawline.
Botulinum toxin will block the platysma (neck band) muscle action for around 4 months – the muscle then takes a further period of time to regain full activity. 6 monthly treatments will weaken this muscle significantly.
With repeated treatments muscle re-conditioning and weakening of the treated muscles and strengthening of the opposing muscles means maintenance treatment is normally required every 6 months.
By carefully administering between 20 to 40 tiny botulinum toxin injections into the muscles that pull the the face down (along jawline, mouth corners, chin and neck bands) the muscles which pull the face up can act unopposed.
1. Consent and photographs
2. Skin is prepared with antiseptic
3. Skin is marked
4. Injection of around 100 -150 units of botulinum toxin into jawline, mouth corners, chin and neck bands
Post procedure management: –
- Bruising and redness may occur
- Avoid touching the skin or any application of products for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Pain, bruising, bleeding (common)
- Inflammation (rare)
- Infection (rare)
- Pigmentation increase or decrease (rare)
Full neck lift treatment session from £300