Thread lifting is a minimally invasive non-surgical aesthetic technique which can provide a number of benefits for rejuvenation of the face dependent on the type of tread used. Threads are most commonly used for correcting laxity of the skin and facial soft tissues – the so called “thread lift” this can be a good option where there is good skin thickness and adequate soft tissue volume.
How do threads work?
The threads are sterile thread-like devices made from Polydioxonone (PDO) a material similar to that used by surgeons to close wounds the material is specially developed to stick tissue together and encourage healing. Threads are inserted into the deeper layers of the skin (dermis / hypo-dermis).
Threads which are specifically used for lifting and tightening the skin also have tiny anchors running along the length of the suture material, these allow directional pull on the thread to be distributed along the length of the tread thereby correcting tissue laxity.
Treatment effects last from 12 – 18 months +.
PDO threads are fully absorbable and will be slowly broken down by your body over a period of 6 months following treatment, however, changes occurring during this period encourages remodelling of the tissues surrounding the threads which in turn encourages tissues to bind together through a number of different mechanisms including: –
- Tissue binding and compaction
- Recruitment of inflammatory and healing cells
- Formation of new collagen
- Improvement in tissue elasticity
- Improvement in the overlying skin condition
- Consent, facial analysis and photographs
- Skin is prepared with antiseptic
- Entry and exit points are marked on the skin
- Local anaesthetic is injected into entry site
- A cannula containing the thread is passed into the deep layer of the skin
- The cannula and thread exits at the chosen exit point and the cannula is retracted back leaving the thread in place
- The thread is pulled in the desired direction to engage the anchors and achieve tractional pull in the desired direction and
- Bruising is very likely to occur and may take 1 week to subside occur
- Avoid touching the skin or any application of products for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Pain, bruising, bleeding (common)
- Inflammation (rare)
- Infection (rare)
- Pigmentation increase or decrease (rare)
- Nodule formation
Alfa Aqulift Cog Pro II PDO Threads – Price £600 (x 8 Threads)
Elionce Rejuva Lift 2 PDO (3D Anchors) (Available on request) – Price : £1,100 (x 20 Threads)
Silhouette Soft ® 16 Cone Natural (Available on request) – Price : £2,100 (x 10 Threads)
The significant price difference between treatment options is due to the number of threads in each pack (in brackets) and the construction of the threads. Please click on the links to learn more about each thread.